There's some big action rides on the horizon, so let's cut to the chase:
Saturday, June 5th
Fat Tire Brewery Tour brought to you by Nick Sande of Swerve Brewing:
• Meet at Great Waters brewpub on 426 St. Peter Street (which just happens to be the Hamm’s building) in downtown St. Paul. You can’t drink all day unless you start in the morning.
On Tap: St. Peter Pale Ale, (ON) Golden Blonde, Brown Trout Brown Ale, Hefeweizen, Minnesota Mild. On Cask: Porter, Scotch Ale, Bitter and India Pale Ale
• We’ll zigzag our way past the old Schmidt’s brewery and onto the Summit brewery for a 1:00 tour. We’re limited to 40 people inside for this tour.
On Tap: Extra Pale Ale, India Pale Ale, Great Northern Porter, Hefeweizen, Grand Pilsner and a soon-to-be-not-so-secret Oatmeal Stout!
• After Summit, we’ll go off-roading around Crosby Lake and along the Mississippi to Hidden Falls for a much needed pit stop.
• Ride to Nick and Karla’s house for homebrew and snacks. 3705 34th Ave.So. Mpls.
On Tap: Belgian Wit and “Helles For Children” German Ale
• Ride to Town Hall brewpub, 7 Corners, Mpls.
On Tap: Hefeweizen, Alt, Maibock?, Masala Mama India Pale Ale, Bright Spot Golden Ale, West Bank Pub Ale, Black H20 Oatmeal Stout, Hope & King Scotch Ale.
Come and get your swerve on during this slower paced urban drunk ride. There will be frequent stops and occasional off-road sections. Bring a bike, your thirst and a friend. You may get a little dirty, have to pee in the woods, carry your bike up some stairs (OK, a bunch of really cool limestone stairs, but only once) and let them see you sweat. But it’ll be worth it. [Editor's note:] I hear it might be clothing optional...